Skip to Content


What do I do if my car breaks down on Highway 407?

Ontario’s roads are among the safest in North America. As part of the province’s commitment to road safety, Highway 407 is patrolled by the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) with the Ministry of Transportation (MTO) Enforcement Officers providing commercial inspection safety. Similar to other provincial highways, COMPASS, the Ministry of Transportation’s integrated freeway traffic management system, is available on Highway 407. Where an incident slows or blocks traffic, emergency response agencies will assist. If you are interested in learning more, please visit 511 Traveller Information Services at

Back to FAQ