Are there any vehicles that do not have to pay tolls?
As per the regulation under the Highway 407 East Act, 2012, the following vehicles may be exempted from tolls on Highway 407:
- Fire department vehicles;
- Police department vehicles;
- Ontario government enforcement vehicles;
- Vehicles bearing diplomatic licence plates; and
- Maintenance vehicles used to maintain tolling equipment.
Organizations operating vehicles falling into the above categories must submit a Toll Exemption Agreement to the province’s service provider, 407 ETR, for approval, prior to travelling on the highways.